反 meaning in English
1.(方向相背) reverse side: 适得其反 get just the opposite
2.(造反) rebellion: 谋反 attempt rebellion
3.(指反革命、反动派) counterrevolutionaries; reactionaries: 肃反 elimination of counterrevolutionaries
1.(转换; 翻过来) turn over: 易如反掌 as easy as turning one's hand over; 反败为胜 turn failure to success
2.(回; 还) return; counter: 反问 counter with a question
3.(反抗; 反对) oppose; combat; turn against: 反霸权主义 oppose hegemonism; anti-hegemonism; 反战 be against war; 反法西斯斗争 anti-fascist struggle; struggle against fascism; 反间谍 counterespionage; 颠覆与反颠覆 subversion and anti-subversion
4.(背叛) rebel; revolt: 反叛 rebel
(相反的) opposite; contrary; reversed: 穿反了袜子 have one's socks on inside out; 适得其反。 the result is just the contrary.
1.(反而; 相反地) on the contrary; instead: 反不如前一段写得好 on the contrary, it is worse than the last paragraph; 反把事情弄僵了 instead the matter got worse
2.(从反面) back: 反顾 look back upon past or own mistake
- These two sinusoids are nearly out of phase .
- The longest way round is the nearest way home .
- You 're a nice fellow , i must say .
- The reciprocal of viscosity is known as fluidity .
- The king had cognizance of plots against him .