look meaning in Chinese
1.看，注视,盯 (at). Look! 你瞧!看哪! We looked but saw nothing. 我们看是在看，可是什么也没有看见。
2.〔带有述语〕显得，好像。 look sick 显得有病的样子。 He does not look his age. 他看上去不像是有这个年纪的人。 He looks very tired. 他好像很疲倦。 He looks every inch a worker. 他没有一处不像工人。 It looks as though we should have a storm. 好像要有暴风雨。 It looks like rain. 看来要下雨。 look happy 喜形于色。
3.留心，注意；弄清，查明。 L- (to it) that they do not escape. 当心别让他们逃跑了。 L- if it is right. 查查对不对。
4.(房屋等)朝着，面向；(事实、情况等)倾向…，倾向… The house looks (to the) south. 这房子朝南。 Conditions look toward war. 局势趋向战争。
5.预期。 I did not look to meet you here. 我没有想到在这里遇见你。
1.用眼色表示，用态度表示。 He looked his consent [thanks]. 他用眼睛表示了同意[谢意]。
1.〔常 pl.〕 容貌，相貌，面貌。 Don't judge a man by his looks. 不要凭外表判断人。 good looks 好相貌。 lose one's looks (女子)容颜衰老。 the look of his face 他的面貌。
4. 一看，一瞥。 give sb. a look看某人一眼。 give sb. a dirty look瞪某人一眼。 steal a look偷看一眼。 cast a look at 瞥一眼。 have [take] a (good) look at (仔细)看一看。 have a look of 像，仿佛。 in good looks 样子很健康。 take on a new look 具有新气象。 take on an ugly look 情况不佳。 upon the look 在寻找中。 wither sb. with a look 〔戏谑语〕看得某人惶恐不安。
- The president's look was cold and penetrating .
- She looked out of the window every now and then .
- As i look back , scenes of the past leap before my eyes .
- Look , no. 5 jumps and is heading it .
- Her eyes held a look of silent appeal .