群 meaning in English
(聚在一起的人或物) crowd; group: 成群结队 in crowds; in flocks; in groups; 建筑群 a building complex; a cluster of buildings; 群山环抱 surrounded by hills; 人群 crowd; 鱼群 shoals of fish; 人们三五成群地站立着。 people were standing about in small groups.
(用于成群的人或物) group; herd; flock: 一群匪徒 a band of gangsters; 一群狼 a pack of wolves; 一群鹿 a herd of deer; 一群马 a drove of horses; 一群蜜蜂 a swarm of bees; 一群牛 a herd of cattle; 一群人 a crowd of people; 一群小孩 a group of children; 一群羊 a flock of sheep; 一群野鸭 a flock of wild ducks
- The elephants rampaged through the forest .
- Listen to the jabber of those monkeys .
- There are basically two types of endemism .
- We were beset by mosquitoes in the swamp .
- A vast crowd turned out to watch the match .